Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Nazi Mouse

It all started a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know how it lasted this long.  I thought we were prepared and that this kind of thing would not happen to us.  I mean this happens to other people right.  Wrong!  I can still hear Tesa's screams echoing through the house.  I raced back to the kitchen and there she was.  Her face was as white as snow and she had this terrifying look in her eyes.  I calmly placed her in a chair and after a few minutes she began to tell her story.
            She had been washing dishes and out of the corner of eye she saw something move to her right.  She spun around ready to fight whatever intruder had snuck up on her.  Only she knew she was no match for this fellow.  He was too quick.  Like a flash he leapt off the counter and fled to safety somewhere near the microwave.  Yep he stood about two inches high including his ears!  He had a long narrow tail and scraggly fur that would have made a beaver shiver.  Best we can tell he was a highly trained German spy mouse.
            I thought about explosives because I know they can do some damage to an unsuspecting intruder.  I had some left over stuff from the 4th of July.  I felt sure a 10 shot Roman candle would do the job.  Tesa disagreed with me and felt they might ignite the varnish on the cabinets.  My next thought was poison.  I have used poison before in the past and I knew it would do the job. I did have small children now and I was worried they would eat up all the poison and there wouldn’t be enough for the Nazi Mouse.
            There were just two options left.  I would have to hunt it or trap it.  Well I had my pistol with the Daisy red dot scope.  I waited for several days and nothing.  He had dropped off the face of the earth. I figured he knew I was on to him and he had rejoined his terrorist's cell.  They were prolly half way across the Atlantic by now.  It wasn't until yesterday that he entered my mind again.  I had found an old mouse trap and decided to set it out after dark.  I knew that since he was highly intelligent that I would need something unique to get him onto that trap.  I put back a French fry that was left over from dinner and set my trap ready for the kill.
            Early this morning the girls got up and went into the play room like usual.  Since Tesa was still in bed I cuddled up next to her.  It was then that I heard my baby girl yelling Dadeeeeeeee, daeeeeeee, she was also running into the bedroom.  I could hear her jabbering Daeeee over and over again. I could also hear something jingling.  She climbed in bed with us and started to climb over daddy to get to momma.  It was then that I felt something smooth and cold drag across my cheek. I opened my eyes and seen that Laykin was holding the mouse trap and the dead mouse was dangling over my face.  The freakin tail was lying on my cheek.  I might have screamed and knocked the mouse into the air.  Tesa woke up and started into a hysterical fit.  I think she might have even got nauseous.  I grabbed the dead Nazi spy and threw him into the trash. 
            All day I have been laughing about it and Tesa refuses to speak of the matter.  The only thing I can figure is that the trap sprung killing the mouse and flew off of the counter.  Laykin stumbled into the kitchen and found a strange creature.  She tried to tell daddy, but since he didn’t come in there she brought it to him.  After she and I disinfected ourselves, I gave her the talk about the 11th Commandment: Thou shall not bring a mouse unto Momma and Daddy's bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment