Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

Property

       All right, I was reading walla go where someone was wandering why women change their last name to their husbands when they get married.  Well it kinda surprised me when I googled it and there wasn’t a clear answer.  Yeah they had some cool answers that would have satisfied the normal person, but I'm not buying it.  There was one in particular that you know is close to the truth.  Women used to belong to the man.  It was his family.  He was the head of the household and the wife and the children were his. (For better or worse.)  Everyone that knows the story of, Ruplestinskin knows that there is always a catch.  Yep, it's kinda like buying a rattle snake.  It sure sounds cool till you get it in your hand and the dang thing bites you.
            Ok so we used to own women. No big deal.  I also have owned baseball cards, cars, houses, dogs, cats, and I think I am part owner in a diamond mine in Nigeria.  All I have to do is send them my bank account stuff and they are gonna send me my money that is owed to me!  Cool huh.  So what did we pay for these women?  It costs us ONE RIB!  That’s right; you guys ever wonder where the old saying an arm and a leg come from.  It comes from the fact that since we gave up a rib for a woman that we would also give up other stuff.  I used to joke around about trading off my left testicle for something I wanted, till the vasectomy doctor actually took it!!!  Ok he didn’t actually take it, but I wasn’t watching so there is no telling what he took out of there!
            Anyhow back to the fact that we now own our wives.  Yeah but here are some issues that one must look at when purchasing a new wife.  First off what is the resale?  Will it be worth the same in 20 years?  Time and weather take a toll.  Ok what is next, maintenance!  The maintenance is different on every one.  Some can get by on next to nothing and some take every penny you got.  I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I know some women that if they didn’t get a new paint job every morning, they would look like a rusty old car!  You're laughing but I have seen it.  And she wonders why her husband sleeps in every morning.  He's hoping she will wake up first and put on her make-up.  Lol ok that was funny but I think I took it too far. 
            Just like in the old sitcom Green Acres, you are stuck with what you get and have to make the most of it.  Yep, it is going to be a headache and your prolly gonna want to strangle someone from time to time.  But I think in the end you know that is where you want to be.  A woman really doesn't mind being an extension of a man and he really doesn't mind letting her use his rib. The name change is just a tradition we follow so we do not lose track of where we are supposed to be.  As long as a family has the same name they are one.  I remember Tesa was bound and determined to keep her last name.  I agreed to take it, if she would give me back my rib plus one more.  I guess since she took my last name we know what happened huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment