Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Facebook--The Other White Meat

When I graduated from high school I remember thinking, I will never again use a computer.  For about a year I managed to avoid them.  Then at work I had to start using one and finally Tess and I invested in one that had a 2 gig memory.  We had to pay extra for that!  Lol  Well then we progressed up into better computers and better jobs that insisted we use them.  Before I knew it we were addicted.  It started off like any addiction.  We would get some jokes in an email and we liked it.  Then we started dabbling in eBay, and Tesa secretly started playing games when I was working.  Then out of the blue came MySpace!!!!!!!!!!  I thought that it was stupid.  Who would spend all their time reading other peoples thoughts! Huh.  Well I can say I never had a MySpace page.  Although late at night I may have snuck on Tesa's page and checked it out. 
            Tesa then got a facebook page.  It seemed ok and there were quite a few people on it.  One day I talked Tess into setting me up a page and there was no turning back.  I began with just a few daily doses just to break the boredom!  Then I progressed to posting my own thoughts and then I started posting on other people's pages.  I was like the dope phen that progresses over to the needle.  I was now a mainliner!  I started checking it during the day and when I got home.  If I went on vacation I had to post pictures and updates.  Then one day I started posting the twisted mentally challenged thoughts that roll around in my head.  It wasn’t that long ago that I synched my cell phone with it so I can post stuff while I'm away from the computer. Yep I was part of the weirdoes now!
            I love watching people fight on here too.  It's like it has to be drawn out slowly though.  The chic will post on facebook that she is sad.  Then all her friends will say what's wrong.  She then starts to slowly unfold the drama for all 500 of her closest friends.  Then he changes his relationship status to single, and then she changes hers to single.  And the coolest part is they air all their dirty laundry for everyone to read.  But guess what.  Tomorrow they will be in a relationship together again.  How cool is that.
It's also funny how you forget about all your old classmates and friends over the years.  Well….. That was before facebook.  Now you know that your old chum went to McDonalds this morning and had a sausage biscuit and met a homeless man and got in trouble at work and his wife has PMS.  It is creating a whole new world.  Facebook has united the world one friend request at a time.  Yep I guess we get to have a non rehearsed reality TV show right here. 
            So I imagine that it is a good thing.  Except that there are people that are spying on us.  They are watching and waiting.  One day we will post something that offends them.  They will print it out and share it with anyone that will listen.  Your job will want to know what you are posting.  Hackers are looking for personal information, Pedophiles are chatting with young girls who post all their freaking info on there along with their cell phones numbers!  So are we scared…………nay.  Someone just posted a joke and it was funny so we must comment on it and Joe blow just posted pics of the animal he shot last night!!  Awesome stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment