Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Highways

Life is full of up and downs. I have found that it most resembles a highway and the roughness of it all depends on you. You can take the smooth straight road and be safer, but there is very little excitement or scenery. There is an interstate you can take, but in doing so you will bypass parts of life. I prefer to drive on those curvy bumpy hilly two lane roads where the action is. This journey will take you through the best places and the worst. There may even be times when you have to get out and push or even drive backwards, but it is not about the destination but the journey. I have no idea where my destination will be and I’m really not sure how I’m going to get there. I remember one time a friend had a bright idea of taking the old route 66 to Las Vegas. During the trip there were many mishaps including a short layover in Albuquerque, NM. Looking back I had a blast on that trip and have more pictures of that trip than anywhere else we have been. I once swam with the sharks in the Bahamas while I was sick to my stomach and trying not to hurl which one chum the water. I bought a motorcycle one night while drinking some cold drinks. It took several days before I worked up the nerve to ride it and I will never forget the day I missed the road and collided with a stop sign on that thing. I could go on and on but my point should be clear by now. Years later you will not remember those good days when everything went perfect. Those days when nothing really happened. You will only remember those horrible days when you cussed and threw a fit because it was unexpected. If fact you will treasure those memories for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment